Friday, June 13, 2008

And That Too Is Ok

Gene is sick no more. She has a new body and is doing what she did for all us here; preparing things for everyone. She did it here and I know she's working with God to get things ready for all of us there. That's her nature. A true servant. A true child of God. A saint.

Gene gave her last breath today at about 5:10pm. She was never alone. George and I walked her hand in hand to the gates and the Lord took her home. We then do the things family and dearest friends do at that point. We hold each other tight and pray together some more. We stand fast in the Lord as he gives us the strength, courage and peace that can only come from him and we go on. That's what Gene wants too. Some would look to me and ask what are they going to do without her. Gene wants us to go on.

So go on we will. At times we will be shelfish and cry and mourn our loss and that's ok. But then we will look to God and know that it is all going to be all right. We may not understand now and we may never understand, but we will be reassured that the God that does know all is in control and that too is ok.

There have been many folk that have been angels from heaven during this entire time. God has shined through you more than you know. They took turns with us helping Gene during these incredibly difficult times. They brought food. They held our hands. They gave us hugs. They cried with us. And ALL OF YOU prayed unceasingly. God is good. God is great. All praise and glory be to God.

I'll miss you until I see you again Mom.

Love,

Dane

3 comments:

Stacy Himes Schochler said...

Dane, I'm praying for you and your family. I will miss your mom. I haven't seen her since she moved to GA, but I'll see her again someday. Please give your dad my love.
Stacy Schochler
(David Himes' daughter)

Anonymous said...

To The Booth Family -- Prayers are continuing for you and the family. Gene was a special Christian lady and was a wonderful friend for many, many years. I am looking forward to spending more time with her when we all join her in heaven. Take care of each other, especially George. Janet Page

David P Himes said...

Linda and I spent the evening laughing and crying. The emotions just run crazy.

We're happy for Gene and sad for the rest of us!!

At least we have a lot of great stories to remember her in.